Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Soaring

Once I saw Steve McQueen soaring in the Thomas Crown Affair, I knew I had to do that. When I hear the theme from that movie "Windmills Of Your Mind", I immediately think back to watching that movie and going to the airport the next day for my first sailplane lesson. I have done a lot of soaring over the years and these photos and video are of my last check ride.

This is my instructor doing a pre-flight check.





More flight planning!







Tow Plane







 This is so much fun!





Checking altitude and getting ready for release from tow.






Cut away!





Make a high speed low pass over an old fire tower before heading back to the airport. 





This is a video of a check ride I took in a sailplane to see how much I retained from years earlier. It really is like riding a bike and once you get into it, everything comes back like yesterday.
Soaring

More photos being edited and in process of posting!